DMS 462/562: Game Design
Game analysis - Chapter 5
Due Thursday, October 11, 11:59pm
Continue analyzing the game you used for chapters 3 & 4. Use the same shared doc as before; add a new section for chapter 5.
In your analysis:
- identify the major system objects, and their properties, behaviors, and relationships
- describe how you might change the elements of the system in order to significantly change the dynamics; what do you believe the new dynamics will be like? will the game still be playable? will it still be balanced?
- describe the economy within the game (if there is one). is there a metaeconomy?
- identify the important pieces of information. which ones are hidden and which are open?
- describe the methods of control. are they direct or indirect? real-time or turn-based?
- describe one significant feedback loop. is it reinforcing or balancing?