DMS 462/562: Game Design
Game analysis - Chapter 4
Due Thursday, October 4, 11:59pm
Continue analyzing the game you used for chapter 3. Use the same shared doc as before; add a new section for chapter 4.
Include in your analysis:
- an example of a short term goal & the feedback for that goal
- which type or types of play does the game feature, according to the categories defined by Roger Caillois
- what types of players does the game appeal to / support
- if the game includes characters, choose one that is controlled by the player
- is the character defined by the game or by the player?
- in the character also controlled by any sort of AI?
- is the character static or dynamic? why?
- what form of narrative storytelling does the game use
- is there a world built around the game
- what events in playing the game constitute the peaks of the emotional arc