DMS 423: Programming Graphics
Make the game Asteroids in Unity.
Your game must have:
- a spaceship controlled by the user. The ship's movement must be based on simple physics - the player can apply a thrust in a certain direction which will change the velocity of the spaceship. There should be some sort of "rocket exhaust" that appears only while thrust is being applied.
- asteroids that move on their own. The asteroids should travel in a straight line, while spinning about its center. Each asteroid should start in a different location and move a different way.
- at least one bullet that can be fired by the player
- collision detection. Detect when a bullet hits an asteroid, and remove the asteroid & bullet. Also detect when the spaceship hits an asteroid, and remove the spaceship or otherwise end the game.
- texturing. The spaceship, rocket exhaust, and asteroids must all be textured. The bullets may also be textured.
- at least one optional element from the list below.
Optional elements - you must include one of these features. Add more as time, ability, and interest allow.
- sound effects
- multiple bullets
- textures with alpha transparency (ie make the objects sprites)
- explosion effects
- wrap-around - when the spaceship or an asteroid moves off one edge of the screen, have it reappear on the opposite side
- scoring - keep track of and display the player's score
- multiple lives
- hyperspace, or a shield that lasts for a short time
- breaking large asteroids into smaller asteroids when hit by a bullet
- the UFO
Bring your program to class on Nov 6, and be ready to demonstrate it.
Also share a zip file of your project with me (firstname.lastname@example.org) via Google Drive.